On a day-to-day basis, you’ll be involved in:
· Being part of a close-knit team made up of developers, designers and a product owner, working closely with the wider business to deliver on our vision of the pharmacy of the future.
· Building our products. You'll be in the code leading by example.You'll help establish best practices, ensure the quality of our systems and be a thought leader within the engineering team.
· Encouraging the team to continually improve their ways of working. You will have the drive to make change happen and know how to engage others to keep improving.
· Mentoring developers within the team. You will help them grow, and ensure they have the support they need in their roles.
· Working in an enjoyable development environment. Some of the tools we currently use are Typescript (React, Koa, Jest, Testing Library,Cypress), Node, Postgres, Kubernetes, GCP, and Azure DevOps.
Ideally,we’re looking for someone with the following:
· Experience of full-stack web development. We’re looking for people who are as comfortable digging around in databases, as they are building APIs and responsive web applications.
· Experience of building and deploying software into a production environment. You’ll be comfortable with taking an idea from concept to out in the wild and being used by Phlo’s patients.
· A strong understanding of modern web and cloud technology. You will bring your ideas and experience to the team to keep us moving forward.
· A solution focussed mindset. You’ll be able to see past problems and help your team and the business reach its goals.
· The ability to make change happen. You know how to identify problems worth fixing and how to bring people along with you to get them solved.
· An open and collaborative attitude. You will love helping others and making sure the team as a whole succeeds.
· Opportunity to own projects from concept to delivery and put your stamp on Phlo’s products.
· Freedom to experiment with and refine our tech and processes to help us build a high performing engineering team.
· Salary between £45,000 -£65,000 depending on experience.
· Family friendly policies including enhanced maternity/paternity/adoption pay after 1 year of service,paid time off for antenatal/adoption appointments and miscarriage leave.
· 33 days annual leave inclusive of bank holidays.
· Birthday off.
· Pension scheme.
· Future share options.
· Perkbox membership.
· Casual dress code, hybrid/remote working and a great culture.
These are our current benefits and they’re likely to grow as we do.
We’re headquartered in the Clockwise building in Glasgow City Centre where we have as mall co-working space. We’re open to a range of working options including hybrid and remote working. Happy to discuss your preferences.
Interested?Apply now. Close date: 11.10.21
We’re recruiting for a range of different roles in our Engineering team at Principal,Senior, Mid and Junior level. Please view our website Careers page for full details.
Please include a cover note letting us know why you’d like to join Phlo along with your CV and links to any portfolios or previous work.
We’re creating the digital pharmacy of the future. Launched in 2019 and headquartered in Glasgow, we’re a dynamic team of designers, developers, product owners,marketeers, pharmacy and business staff that are changing the face of healthcare in UK.
Phlo allows patients to order and manage NHS and private prescriptions through our web, iOSand Andriod apps, track their orders in real time and benefit for 4 hour or same-day deliveries. We're moving from our start-up to scale-up phase where we plan to enhance our products, grow our company and build our teams. Fancy joining the journey?
To deliver great service to Phlo’s patients we're building a company that’s reflective of their diversity. We’re an inclusive workplace that promotes and values difference, where everyone, from any background, can do their best work and be proud to belong.