We’re looking for a Senior front-end Developer to join Phlo. This role will be responsible for the delivery of our design system which spans across Phlo’s products. You will work closely with our designers and product teams to outline a vision for our design system and direct the effort to achieve it.
On a day-to-day basis, you’ll be involved in:
· Leading the build of our design system alongside our design team.
· Talking to our product teams to understand their needs from the design system.
· Understanding how our patients use Phlo. The design system will focus on improving the patient experience and improving our accessibility standards.
· Being an advocate for the design system throughout the business.Everyone should understand what it is, the benefits it brings and how to apply it to our products.
· Working in an enjoyable development environment. Our products are built in React and React Native using Typescript. You will be responsible for deciding on the best approach to building the design system.
· Providing expertise to help with any front-end challenges across our products.
· Identifying gaps in our front-end capabilities and ensuring we have the team and tools we need to continue improving.
Ideally,we’re looking for someone with the following:
· Experience leading the delivery of products, or large development projects.
· A strong understanding of modern web technology.
· Knowledge of the design system ecosystem.
· The ability to make change happen. You know how to identify problems worth fixing and how to bring people along with you to get them solved.
· An open and collaborative attitude. You will love helping others and making sure the business as a whole succeeds.
· Opportunity to build a design system from the ground up.
· Ability to heavily influence the direction of all our products,and the overall success of the business.
· Salary between £45,000 - £65,000 depending on experience.
· Family-friendly policies including enhanced maternity/paternity/adoption pay after 1 year of service,paid time off for antenatal/adoption appointments (either parent) and miscarriage leave (either parent).
· 33 days annual leave inclusive of bank holidays.
· Birthday off.
· Pension scheme.
· Future share options.
· Perkbox membership.
· Casual dress code, hybrid/remote working and a great culture.
These are our current benefits and they’re likely to grow as we do.
We’re headquartered in the Clockwise building in Glasgow City Centre where we have as mall co-working space. We’re open to a range of working options including hybrid and remote working. Happy to discuss your preferences.
Interested?Apply now. Close date: 11.10.21
We’re recruiting for a range of different roles in our Engineering team at Principal,Senior, Mid and Junior level. Please view our website Careers page for full details.
We’re creating the digital pharmacy of the future. Launched in 2019 and headquartered in Glasgow, we’re a dynamic team of designers, developers, product owners,marketeers, pharmacy and business staff that are changing the face of healthcare in UK.
Phlo allows patients to order and manage NHS and private prescriptions through our web, iOSand Andriod apps, track their orders in real time and benefit for 4 hour or same-day deliveries. We're moving from our start-up to scale-up phase where we plan to enhance our products, grow our company and build our teams. Fancy joining the journey?
To deliver great service to Phlo’s patients we're building a company that’s reflective of their diversity. We’re an inclusive workplace that promotes and values difference, where everyone, from any background, can do their best work and be proud to belong.