We’re looking for a hands-on engineering leader to join Phlo as a Principal Engineer. This role will be responsible for the delivery of our pharmacy operating system and focus on building a happy and high performing team. You will work closely with our product managers, and stakeholders around the business, to plan and execute on Phlo’s ambitious roadmap. You will manage and mentor a team of engineers, ensuring they have everything they need to be successful, and that they’re ready to grow with the business.
On a day-to-day basis, you’ll be involved in:
- Leading the delivery of our pharmacy operating system. This is the backbone of our business which allows us to deliver medication to people’s doors in less than 3 hours.
- Being part of a close-knit team made up of developers, designers and a product manager, working closely with the wider business to deliver on our vision of the pharmacy of the future.
- Understanding the business' goals and helping to shape the roadmap to help us achieve them. You'll have your finger on the pulse of the business and ensure we're working on the right things at the right time.
- Building our products. You'll be hands-on in the code leading by example. You'll help establish best practices, ensure the quality of our systems and be a thought leader within the engineering team.
- Encouraging the team to continually improve their ways of working. You will have the drive to make change happen and know how to engage others to keep improving.
- Mentoring developers within the team. You will help them grow, ensure they are fulfilled in their roles, and prepare them to grab opportunities within the business as Phlo continues to grow.
- Working in an enjoyable development environment. Some of the tools we currently use are Typescript (React, Koa, Jest, Testing Library, Cypress), Node, Postgres, Kubernetes, GCP, and Azure DevOps.
- Helping us grow the team and identifying gaps in our capability.
Ideally, we’re looking for someone with the following:
- Experience leading teams. You will know how to get the best from those around you.
- A strong understanding of modern web and cloud technology. You will bring your ideas and experience to the team to keep us moving forward.
- Extensive experience of full-stack web development.
- A solution focussed mindset. You’ll be able to see past problems and help your team and the business reach its goals.
- The ability to make change happen. You know how to identify problems worth fixing and how to bring people along with you to get them solved.
- An open and collaborative attitude. You will love helping others and making sure the team succeeds as a whole.
And in joining Phlo, you’ll receive:
- Salary between £55,000 - £75,000 depending on experience.
- Opportunity to shape our engineering capability right across the business, from the tools we use to the people we hire.
- Ability to heavily influence the direction of our products, and the overall success of the business.
- 33 days annual leave inclusive of bank holidays and your birthday off.
- Pension scheme, future share options and Perkbox membership.
- Casual dress code, hybrid working and a great culture.
These are our current benefits and they’re likely to grow as we do.
We’re headquartered in the Clockwise building in Glasgow City Centre where we have a small co-working space. At the moment, we’re mostly working from home and expect to return to a hybrid working model soon.
Interested? Please apply now.
We’re creating the digital pharmacy of the future. Launched in 2019 and headquartered in Glasgow, we’re a dynamic team of designers, developers, product owners, marketeers, pharmacy and business staff that are changing the face of healthcare in UK.
Phlo allows patients to order and manage NHS and private prescriptions through our web, iOS and Andriod apps, track their orders in real time and benefit for 4 hour or same-day deliveries. We're moving from our start-up to scale-up phase where we plan to enhance our products, grow our company and build our teams. Fancy joining the journey?
To deliver great service to Phlo’s patients we're building a company that’s reflective of their diversity. We’re an inclusive workplace that promotes and values difference, where everyone, from any background, can do their best work and be proud to belong.
For more information about Phlo visit: www.wearephlo.com or check out our socials and Trust Pilot reviews!