What’s the role?
Welcome to Phlo - the digital pharmacy of the future. Phlo is the new generation of online pharmacies delivering NHS and private prescriptions when and where a patient needs them.
Phlo is an innovative online pharmacy head quartered in Glasgow with pharmacy operations in England. As a company, we believe that healthcare is too important to be hard to manage. We aim to empower patients by giving them full control of their healthcare using our innovative technology and by delivering their acute and repeat NHS and private prescriptions across London via our real-time, same-day delivery service and across England via our next day courier service.
What you’ll do
- You'll be part of a close-knit team made up of developers, designers and a product manager. Our B2B team will work closely with our healthcare provider partners, pharmacy team, and the wider business to deliver on our vision of the pharmacy of the future.
- You'll be the first in the door in our new B2B team. Our B2B team will focus on providing our industry-leading pharmacy infrastructure to healthcare providers of all shape and sizes. The team's key responsibilities will include:
- Our B2B API which allows healthcare providers to integrate our pharmacy infrastructure seamlessly into their patient journeys.
- Our B2B app which allows healthcare providers to send us prescriptions, and to track their status all the way to a patient's door.
- Working closely with our partners to ensure their patients have their medication in hand in as friction-free a process as possible.
- Helping us improve. We're always looking for ways to be better and want you to keep moving us forward.
- Working in an enjoyable development environment. We try to make our lives as easy as possible. Some of the tools we currently use are Typescript (React, Koa, Jest, Testing Library, Cypress), Postgres, Kubernetes, GCP, and Azure DevOps.
- Helping grow a Health Tech business that is making a difference in people's lives. You'll have a large say in the direction our products go, contribute to defining the culture of the company, and have the opportunity to grow with the business.
What we’re looking for
- Any level of commercial experience. We're hiring at all levels, from Entry-Level Developer through to Team Lead.
- Experience of full-stack web development. We're looking for people who are as comfortable digging around in databases, as they are building APIs and responsive web applications.
- Experience of building and deploying software into a production environment. You'll be comfortable with everything that this involves.
- Knowledge of the technologies we use. You will have worked with or be keen to learn the tools we use throughout our stack.
- A problem-solving mindset. You'll be as happy in a room brainstorming as you are behind a keyboard.
- The ability to make change happen. You know how to identify problems worth fixing and how to bring people along with you to get them solved.
- Users at the forefront of your mind. You'll care more about a product and how it can help the end-user than you do about individual lines of code.
- An understanding of modern web and cloud technology. You will be keen to bring your ideas and experience to the team to keep us moving forward.
- An open and collaborative attitude. You will love helping others and making sure the team as a whole succeeds.
- Candidates must have a right to work in UK.
- We benchmark salaries to make sure we are competitive. The salary range on offer is £35-55K (depending on experience).
- Holidays are important. We offer 33 days annual leave inclusive of Bank Holidays.
- Your birthday is on us too.
- We also provide an additional day of annual leave for every years' service with Phlo up to 38 days total annual leave.
- We think future financial health is important, and contribute 3% to your employee Auto-Enrolment Pension Scheme.
- Discounts on restaurants, shopping and many others via a Perkbox membership.
- We want you to grow with us. You will have opportunities to develop your career in a high pace technology company.
- Casual dress code & great work culture.
- These are our current benefits and likely to grow and change from time to time.
Please send a cover note explaining why you want to work with Phlo coupled with your CV and links to any existing portfolios or previous work.
Closing date for applications: On-going.
As a rapidly growing company we are always looking for the right talent to join our team.